Earlier this week, Cashmerette released the Springfield top. I was a tester for the pattern. It came at the exact time I needed it. I was on the look out for a tank top pattern for wovens. My issue with most woven tank top patterns is that they don’t go up to my size. The Springfield top goes up to 58″ bust and 58″ hip. It also has a version with really nice back yoke and princess seams. I really love the way the back adds shape. The front has bust darts and can have a bottom band for some interesting colourblocking. It’s also a great way of using a small amount of expensive fabric for a project. Recommended fabric requirements are under 2 yards for 60″ fabric and a little over 2 yards for 45″ fabric. However, if you use bias tape, you can reduce the amount by quite a bit. I was able to use 1.3 yards for the final top and 1 yard for the tester top (both were 60″ wide fabric) with bias tape instead of self-fabric bias tape.
My tester version is made with a colour palette fabric that was the first to make it into my stash with no project in mind. I got it in a swap and have been hoarding it since. It’s a rayon fabric and is quite lovely.
I really love the top. The tester version was a bit short for my taste, but I also like much longer tops.
We received the final version and I immediately made it up in a green leopard print rayon. It’s even drapier than the above and has an extremely soft texture to it. I’ll be posting a full review of the top over on the CSC in the next little bit. I’ll let you know when, but here is a preview of the final version. You can see the longer length.
The wonderful thing about have a good fit in a woven tank top is being about to hack the pattern as well. I hacked the pattern into a tent dress and made a mock-up in cream linen with yellow birds stamped on it. Check it out:
I love it. I used the tester version on this. I will be using the final version for future version because the darts fit me much better in that version. I’m not too happy with how the back fits so I will be making tweaks for my next version. I need more room back there for my butt. Ha!
I also made a few things from the Concord t-shirt pattern:
Concord tank dress in feathers fabric!
A 3/4 sleeve Concord tshirt in bunny fabric!
I also made a tank top using kitten fabric, but I need to redo the arm bands:
It’s nice to have my sewjo back. I also got a bunch of other things cut out:
This is what it looks like when your sewjo returns tenfold! Got 6 things cut out. Top row: P4P Sailor swim bottoms and Concord t shirt. Middle row: Prefontaine shorts and Concord tank dress. Bottom row: Winslow culottes and Concord tank top. Still to come: Maya bra bikini swim top with the flounce from P4P Siren swim top (tank match the bottoms), Jennifer city shorts, Upton maxi dress, and two more swim sets (once I make sure there are no fit issues with the first one). Also have to plan out the baby quilt for my friend and get that started too. Phew! I'm done for the night though. Laundry and dinner call to me. #sewing #sewcialists
Can’t wait to get those done! 😀