Originally, I was going to post this after my holiday, but I suddenly feel like posting it now since inspiration has struck!
I completed 4/9 projects:
- Cashmerette Appleton dress in a tropical knit print. I adore it!
- Burda Cowl Neck top in a turquoise cotton lycra. I think it would be great in a different fabric and I have plans for that in the new year.
- Burda Sweatshirts. I made 5 in various materials: jersey, sweatshirt material, fleece. I love them all!
- Burda Kimono Robe. You know I adore this one. It’s probably my favourite of the year.
The unmade patterns are as follows:
- Prairie Style Dress from Burda. I got some lovely polkadot chambray for this, but never got motivated to do a muslin.
- Keyhole dress from Burda. I just never got this done. I picked out fabric, but didn’t have the motivation for muslining it.
- M7537. I ended up not wanting to make this. I may not but I still like the look of the pattern.
- 5 out of 4 free pj pattern. I have tons of flannel in my stash but just never made this pattern for myself. I made it for other people last Christmas, though.
- Boho maxi dress from Burda. I have a gorgeous crepe print for this pattern, but didn’t end up getting to it.
I am doing something a bit different for my #2018MakeNine list and just focus on fabric that I want to use. I’ll post that list in the new year.
Top 5 3 Misses:
Burda Cowl Neck top. Just a failure of fabric really.
Blank Slate Barton Shorts. Another failure of fabric. The linen shrunk a bunch when it got put in the dryer. I am definitely going to hang linen to dry from now on. See how disastrous the back became!
Itch to Stitch Belize Shorts. I’m just not a fan of how they look on me.
And that is it. I actually really like everything I made this year!
Top 5 Hits
With so few misses, this was so difficult to choose!
Decades Everyday Chore Skirt. I love this skirt so much. The colour, the black strip of bias tape, the look. I feel wonderful in it.
Decades Everyday ESP dress. Wonder Woman! Need I say more?
Cashmerette Appleton. The tropical print was absolutely perfect for this dress and I love the way it looks on me.
Cashmerette Lenox Dress. I love it. I put a lot of work into the embroidery and adore it.
Cashmerette Springfield Hack. I wear this top at least once a week. I love wearing it and can’t wait to make more. I have another cut out, but haven’t gotten around to it just yet.
In 2017, I made 76 things. It’s lower than 2016 with 107. Not surprising considering how sick I was this year, but a ton with all my health issues! I’m really proud of what I accomplished this year. I visited the ER twice this year and still managed to make 76 things! Go me!
I had the usual December rush of getting gifts made but also with an additional CSC theme month challenge and sewing for an upcoming vacation. I will eventually share all those items in 2018.
Some months I made very little and other months I made a ton indicative of my up and down health.
Gifts top the list of items made, but second is dresses. Swim/beachwear are third (still have to share those!) and fourth is tied between shorts and skirts.
Cashmerette is an obvious winner. Second place goes to Burda and third is Blank Slate Patterns. I love seeing how this list changes from year to year as my style evolves and as pattern companies expand sizes.
In the new year, I will post about plans and goals and my #2018MakeNine.
Happy Holidays everyone!